Buttery Walnut Stuffing
3 Qts coarse bread crumbs 1 c butter or margarine
2 c sliced celery 1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 c chopped onion 1 t thyme
1/2 t sage 1 t salt
1/4 t pepper 1/2 c broth
1 c chopped walnuts 1/4 c chopped parsley (I just used dried parsley flakes abt 1 T)
Turn crums into large baking pan & toast lightly in 350 oven about 20 min., stirring once or twice. Melt
butter in large skillet; add celery, mushrooms and onion. Saute lightly, stirring frequently. Add herbs,
salt, pepper and broth. Pour over breadcrumbs, tossing to moisten. Add walnuts & parsley. Stuff
into turkey body cavity or turn into baking dish, cover & bake separately about 30 min at 350.
Uncove & bake 10 to 20 min longer. makes about 2 1/2 qts stuffing.
We had this for Thanksgiving at Jen's house and it was very good.
I am making this today, and we called Tim's mom because I did not believe that she actually used a cup of butter. Turns out I was right... she uses a half cup and subs extra broth for the rest.
ReplyDelete